Job Title: Vice President of Accounting Policy and Government Affairs
Department: Accounting Policy
Reports to: President & CEO
The Vice President of Accounting Policy and Government Affairs is responsible for FEI’s finance and accounting policy and overseeing the Government Affairs department in our Washington, DC office. The Vice President will work with committees to identify emerging policy issues for FEI members, and is responsible for a broad portfolio of policy issues.
· Directs and manages all advocacy committee activities for the organization, including the development and implementation of related strategic policy and positions on behalf of our membership. This includes overall budget management and responsibility for these areas.
· Serve as one of the principal FEI spokesperson on domestic and international regulatory issues. Manages and participates in liaison activities with FASB, SEC, IASB, PCAOB and other professional organizations on behalf of the FEI members and technical committee staff liaisons. Primary point of contact for the organization in this area.
· Provides detailed technical support on accounting, financial reporting, and audit issues to technical committee liaisons, senior volunteer leadership and membership at large, and other senior FEI staff, including the President & CEO.
· Remain current on developing technical issues and standards with a focus on emerging issues in international accounting standards convergence.
· Develop content for the FEI website on international and US accounting policy.
· Research technical accounting questions received from FEI membership
· Oversees staff in our Washington, DC office, as well as the Accounting Policy staff in our Morristown, NJ office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or MBA
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of public or corporate accounting-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in policy, advocacy and government affairs and 5+years of supervisory experience.
- Hill or administrative experience a strong plus.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent communication skills, presentation, decision-making, and judgment competencies.
- Ability to read, analyze,and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, professional, energetic and team oriented; strong interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills; strong writing proficiency, strong organizational, research, and analytical skills.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed to be an inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, these requirements may change over time. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resumes to: email@example.com
FEI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity in the work force. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.