FEI has released the list chosen by its President and CEO, Marie N. Hollein, as the top challenges facing financial executives in 2012
. The list of 'top challenges' is an annual feature provided by FEI in the President's column of our magazine, Financial Executive
Among the items anticipated to be the top challenges of 2012, as stated by Hollein and detailed further in the article, are:
- Controlling the U.S. Deficit
- Tax Reform
- Health Care Uncertainty
- Dodd-Frank Act Implementation and Revision
- Employer-Provided Retirement Plans
- Convergence of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Private Company Accounting
Learn more by reading the full article in the magazine.
In addition, the following are among the feature articles in the current issue of the magazine:
- Making Financial Reports More Effective and Useful (by Tom Omberg of Deloitte) (This article includes much discussion about relevance, understandability, usefulness and timeliness).
- Preparing for Global Securities Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Expansion (by Robert Carangelo, Paul A. Ferrillo and Catherine Y. Nowak of Weil Gotshal & Manges)
- 2012 Forecast: Recovery or Recession? (by Scott Ladd, contributing editor, Financial Executive)
- Growth: Extreme, Unstable Environment? Grow Anyway! (Interview of Jim Collins by Ellen M. Heffes, Editor-in-Chief, Financial Executive).
Articles in Financial Executive
magazine articles are available for free download by FEI members (hard copies are also sent to FEI members) and selected articles are available for free download by non-members who establish a free non-member login account. CPE is available to FEI members who establish an account in our online CPE center (which keeps track of your CPE for attending conferences, webcasts and other events as well) and read and answer the related CPE questions for applicable articles.