- Senior Finance Executives Meet to Discuss Leadership Strategy and the Latest Developments Impacting U.S. Businesses -
- Keynote Remarks from Donna Brazile, Mary Matalin, and Janet Petro -
Morristown, N.J. – Financial Executives International (FEI) will host its annual Leadership Summit, “Fact vs. Fairytale”, for more than 800 senior-level financial executives on May 20-22, 2012. For the past 80 years, the Summit has been a must-attend industry event for CFOs, VPs of finance, treasurers, controllers, and internal auditors around the world. This year’s Summit, which will be held at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Orlando, FL, will offer financial executives insight into the strategies required to meet new and challenging demands placed on them by key stakeholders, employees and the general public, all while operating in an shifting economic environment.
This year’s summit will host a number of keynote speakers, including Donna Brazile and Mary Matalin. Donna Brazile, veteran Democratic political strategist, and Mary Matalin, celebrated conservative voice and former Presidential advisor, are two of the most prominent women in politics and will lead a discussion on the upcoming 2012 elections and critical policies shaping today’s conversation. The closing keynote address, delivered by Janet E. Petro, Deputy Director of the John F. Kennedy Space Center, will detail the conclusion of the space shuttle program and what lies ahead for NASA.
“FEI’s Leadership Summit brings together the brightest industry experts for several days of constructive discussion and collaboration, and on-point insight on new technologies, current leadership issues and emerging industry trends,” said Marie Hollein, President and CEO of Financial Executives International. “In this ever changing global landscape, financial executives are faced with new challenges and responsibilities. This year’s lineup featuring political strategists, academic scholars and researchers, economists and business leaders will provide financiale executives a unique opportunity to explore the evolving economic climate and discuss proactive tactics to position their organizations for success.”
Among the many educational sessions and workshops to take place at this year’s summit will be:
- “DRIVE: The Truth About Successful Financial Leadership,” presented by Joe Echevarria. Mr. Echevarria, Chief Executive Officer of Deloitte, LLP, who will explore three key drivers for successful leadership.
- “Perspectives on the Economy,” presented by Joseph P. Quinlan. Mr. Quinlan, Managing Director and Chief Market Strategist of Bank of America Private Wealth Management will share his outlook on the global marketplace and today’s borderless global economy.
- The Summit will also offer leadership enhancement programs including “Into to the Pipeline – Training Business Leaders for For-Profit Board Service.”
To register for the FEI 2012 Summit or for additional information and brochure outlining all the Summit’s events please visit: www.financialexecutives.org/summit.
Financial Executives International is the leading advocate for the views of corporate financial management. Its 15,000 members hold policy-making positions as chief financial officers, treasurers and controllers at companies from every major industry. FEI enhances member professional development through peer networking, career management services, conferences, teleconferences and publications. Members participate in the activities of 86 chapters, 74 in the U.S., 11 in Canada and 1 in Japan. FEI is headquartered in Morristown, NJ, with additional offices in Washington, D.C. and Toronto. Visit www.financialexecutives.org for more information.