This event is at capacity, however you can still register and go on the waitlist.
Detecting & Deterring Financial Reporting Fraud
An Executive Breakfast Workshop Co-Sponsored by:
Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) and Financial Executives International (FEI)
8:00am - 12:00noon
Earn up to 3.0 CPE Credits
It is widely recognized that three conditions need to exist within a company and lead to fraud—pressure or incentive, opportunity, and rationalization. Management holds the most critical role in establishing a culture and systems that drive the organization and prevent fraud.
This executive workshop will explore strategies for building an ethical philosophy that deters fraud, employing skepticism—an enemy of fraud—in management’s attitude and developing a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing to deter and detect fraud.
· Evelyn Angelle, Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Halliburton Company
· David F. Bond, Senior Vice President, Finance and Control, Safeway Inc.
· Cindy Fornelli, Executive Director the Center for Audit Quality
· Marie N. Hollein, CTP, President and Chief Executive Officer, Financial Executives International and Financial Executives Research Foundation
· Bryan Jones, Partner Forensic Services, KPMG LLP
· Graham Murphy, Partner, Forensic Services, KPMG, LLP
· Kristin Rivera, Partner Forensic Services, PwC, LLP
· Bob Strasser, Partner, BDO Seidmam, LLP
· Carol Palmer Winig, Partner, Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services, Ernst & Young, LLP
· John Wozniak, Corporate Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Motorola Solutions