: Got FERFAlerts?
If you did, you'd be able to stay up-to-date on accounting changes and the major actions of the standard-setters and regulators.
FERFAlerts are your essential tool in today's fast-moving regulatory environment. Targeted monthly alerts e-mailed direct to your desktop - to keep you current on the important topics you need to understand. Minimum reading time, maximum awareness.
Most recent FERFAlerts issued:
- FERFAlert 12 issued June 05, SEC Adopts Rules on Securities Offering Reform, Shell Company Disclosures
- May 05: CESR Proposal Could Require Reconciliation from GAAP to IFRS by non-EU companies Filing in EU
- Apr. 05: 2005 highlighted the SEC’s amendment of the compliance dates of FAS123R, Accounting for Share Based Payment. The effect of the SEC’s action will provide an additional six months for calendar-year-end companies to comply with FAS123R’s reporting requirements (i.e., they will have until 1/1/06, instead of 7/1/05). However, companies should consult FERFAlert 10 (and the underlying SEC rule) for specific guidance pertaining to companies based on their fiscal year end, and whether they are a public company or small business issuer. (The SEC’s action did not affect the effective date of FAS123R pertaining to non-issuers as set forth in FAS123R).
- Mar. 05: Summarizes the IASB’s “Draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Role of Accounting Standard-Setters and their Relationship with the IASB,” on which the IASB requests comments by July 29, 2005. In addition, this FERFAlert includes Breaking News about SEC’s Staff Accounting Bulletin No. 107 (SAB 107) issued March 29 on Share-Based Payments, and FASB’s Interpretation No. 47 on Conditional Asset Retirement Obligations (FIN 47) (an interpretation of FASB Statement No. 143, Accounting for Asset Retirement Obligations) issued March 30.
- Feb. 05: Highlights of the SEC’s guidance on leasing, the statement of cash flows, and oil & gas reporting. (NOTE: As a public service, this FERFAlert is available to nonsubscribers by request by emailing email@example.com.)
- Jan. 05: Insights into How Rating Agencies, Others will view Internal Control Reports; Views of The Board Institute, Inc. on the Need for Corporate Governance Self Assessment
- Dec. 04: FASB's recent delay of certain provisions of EITF 03-1, "The Meaning of Other Than Temporary Impairment and its Application to Certain Investments" - and what this really means for year-end reporting.
- Nov. 04: PCAOB Issues Additional Internal Control Guidance; FASB Proposals on Tax Effect of Jobs Act-Dec.1 Comment Deadline; SEC Maintains 75-Day Deadline for 10-Ks for One More Year; SEC Proposes Securities Offering Reform; FERF's 60th Anniversary
- Oct. 04: SOX 404 Reporting Deadline Nears; Audit Firms Issue Joint Framework for Evaluating Internal Control Deficiencies; FASB Key Votes in October; EITF Broadens Consensus on "Co-Cos", Sets Effective Date, Retroactive Treatment
- Sept. 04: New SEC, FASB Requirements, Proposals
- Aug. 04: 8K accelerated deadlines and additional requirements; proposed delay of accelerated deadlines for 10Ks, 10Qs, and FASB tax accounting and Fair Value issues
- July 04: EPS Impact from EITF rule on Contingently Convertible Debt ("Co-Cos")