XBRL US GAAP Taxonomy: FASB, SEC Staff On June 22 Webcast
June 13, 2011
The Financial Accounting Standards Board will host a webcast on June 22 from 1-2 p.m. EDT on: How to Use the XBRL 2011 US GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy.
The webcast will focus on:
· How to use the soon-to-be-released Taxonomy Online Review and Comment System’s search and navigation functions to efficiently find the tags that meet the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s filer requirements.
Topics to be covered include:
- Navigating the taxonomy;
- Considerations for tag selection;
- Understanding tag relationships and how to use the network views;
- Using advanced search and shared search functions to find relevant tags;
- Quickly finding certain types of tags;
- Understanding when to use industry entry points;
- Finding tags using the Accounting Standards Codification;
- Using specialized labels to find tags; and
- Providing feedback on the Development and Accounting Standards Update Taxonomies.
· J.. Louis Matherne, FASB chief of taxonomy development;
· Christine Tan, FASB XBRL project manager; and
· Susan Yount, SEC, Office of Interactive Data.
Up to 1 CPE credit will be available for the live webcast. An archived version of the webcast will also be available on FASB’s website through Sept. 21, 2011 (no CPE will be available for the archived webcast).
See the course description and registration information for the webcast.
Prepared June 13, 2011 by Edith Orenstein, director, accounting policy analysis and communications, Financial Executives International. This summary does not reflect FEI opinion unless specifically noted above.